Monday, January 18, 2016

Changing....but staying the same ~


I love what I get to do for my "job."

I work like most people, at least 8 hours a day. I have taught myself to focus, because I am so easily distracted.  Flora Adora distracts me, but I think I needed her! I work by myself all day and having her around reminds me to take breaks, laugh and move a bit. She is the silliest pet I have ever had. She has made me change how i do things...and when i do them!!



Everything is always changing, including my work. That is another thing that I love about my job.

Since last fall, I was "supposed" to be cleaning my work table, and instead, I challenged myself to make something from all the bits and pieces around me... and that is when the Everyday Angel came to fruition. I am having so much fun with them and found the shape i liked the best, I now have pieces of metal shapes cut for me. It was a process to do this and "bite the bullet" and invest in this direction. 



The Everyday Angel was the first piece. She originally was from a place card and I just kept adding things..wings, legs and arms of vintage findings, and of course, lots of sparkly vintage crystal.





My head was exploding with ideas for other pieces and start a "collection" of everyday bits and pieces items. However, I want to stay true to only being influenced from leftovers on my work table  to give me direction... hence a few designs at a time!



The bee, came to me when I had a picture of a vintage toy  on my table...the shape of the body reminded me of bees. I was giddy since I love bees. They remind me of my dad. When he settled into civilian life, he had bee hives, planted fruit trees, and at the end of the property, had a honey house, where he would jar honey and make candles. There was a window installed on the side of the house with a hive in it, so that people could come and watch the bees work!



The bird was more simple...saw a scrap of paper that was on my table with the shape of a bird, laying next to some vintage metal pieces that looked like bird legs.





Then there is the heart!! I love Valentines day, but I don't think hearts are only about that!! This heart was influenced by a vintage spinning charm that was on my table.  I wanted to use that to make something about love and life... a heart.

All of the pieces have the same feel to them. So... here is the change..they are all made of metals, a new material for me to be using! And here is staying the same... softened with the elements that I love the most, collage, color and embellishments.....using my collections of vintage and new pieces.  Each piece is made the way I make everything...with a love for what I get to do!

I hope you enjoy my new "work"... I have more pieces in process and will be sharing those as well. And because I have committed to building a collection, I doubt, my work table will ever be  cleaned since it is my source of inspiration!!!!

Thank you for taking time to read this.  
diana

7 comments:

  1. Loving your new work as well as your old

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    I LOVE the creativity! The whimsy of each piece and the uniqueness as well.
    Stay true to yourself and your talent! You're an amazing artist!!!
    <3 Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pieces, great collection of work! extremely creative!!! way to go my friend!

    ReplyDelete