Thursday, June 9, 2016

day 4..artist blog

Today is the day, I will be sharing my studio....video and pics!

This is round 2!!!! I had one all ready to share, and do not know what happened to it!

My studio is a small space, with many functions. It is presently a hard hat only area!!

 Even Floras' perch is full of my stuff. Thankfully, she has another rest-stop in the other part of the studio. That part being the place where people come in and shop and visit.



Half of my studio, is a designated space where gallery owners, and people come to view and shop. I keep this area tidy, except when I am packing for a show.


I have my "office" area, which is a table with my computer (that obviously out smarts me and taunts me, since I am always "misplacing" stuff). Generally, I try to keep this area tidy.  Right now, this area, like the rest of the studio is refered to as....Dysfunction Junction. Piles of papers, and I hope that there aren't any important ones, or bills in the stack, and various other important things....my bottles of waters (not safe to use a glass, because of "landslides.)"

On the same table, I have my packing area. This too is usually tidy, because when it is a mess, as it is now, I end up packing orders on my chair! Grateful that most of my work is small.

There is a section for my Etsy Store. I really keep that in order! It might not look like it to some, but I know what is where!!

Now...my work area. Right now i am working on a 2" space. Keep in mind that I have been busy with shows, recovering from surgery and running back and forth to my sisters and moms' helping them move...and visiting. I would never say that my work tables are neat and tidy. That would be a big fat lie, especially since I do not have my unpaid assistant any longer!! It is usually functional at least!


Today is the day it will become workable! And as I think about it, I think about my sisiter in law, Kelly ( one of my heroes). Kelly is the most organized person that i know! She is married to my brother, Mark, and they love to travel with their 2 children. Sometimes, I try and think of ways to convince Kelly that coming here and organizing my studio, would be more fun than going to Europe, taking a cruise and their other adventures. You will not see pics of Kelly organizing my studio, however, her travel pics are great. She is a motivator for me to get my place in order (they are part of the July 4th celebration!); I have seen "the look"  that Kelly can give, and thankfully, it has not been directed at me (that i am aware) and I do not want to experience it...other than seeing her give it to others!!! It is almost worth getting it, just to see it!

so..readyset go....studio!! I am brave, I am determined, and I make no promises...I get so distracted!

thank you for reading my blog this week. So far am staying true to writing daily this week!!




diana






No comments:

Post a Comment